All Apps and Add-ons

ERROR :The internal search "| dbinfo database="" type=schemas | sort -default | eval label=if(isnull(default),schema,schema+" (default)")" for the "Splunk.Module.SearchSelectLister" module failed.

shivasn
Explorer

when using splunk db connect v1 app browse through tables and views i select the database and it throws the error:
The internal search "| dbinfo database="" type=schemas | sort -default | eval label=if(isnull(default),schema,schema+" (default)")" for the "Splunk.Module.SearchSelectLister" module failed.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

shivasn
Explorer

i just reinstalled splunk and it worked

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shivasn
Explorer

i just reinstalled splunk and it worked

0 Karma

pmdba
Builder

From the error message it appears that the database name is not being passed to the search. The search should contain something like

database="dbname"

not a null value for the database. I'm not sure what would cause this to happen, but you might want to check your database.conf file and make sure the connection is defined correctly.

0 Karma

shivasn
Explorer

thx for the reply i have checked conf file and the database name is also correct but still it throws error

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have schemas in your database?? If yes then splunk users have permission to those schemas??

0 Karma

shivasn
Explorer

no but still it throws error on choosing a database

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...