All Apps and Add-ons

Does this add-on support exporting data into Google Drive?

jagadeeshm
Contributor

If my Splunk search is scheduled to generate a PDF, can this add-on copy the PDF to a specific location in Google Drive?
[Disclosure: I haven't installed and tried the app yet!]

Thanks!

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey @jagadeeshm, If you deem a posted answer as valid and helpful to your solving of the issue, please accept said answer so that this question no longer appears open.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey I think this add-on only imports/exports lookup files to/from Google Spreadsheets!
But you can always give it a try ! Install this in your local system check if it exports pdf to google drive.

let me know if this helps !

0 Karma

jagadeeshm
Contributor

Yes, I read the description from the add-on 🙂
Wondering if any one knows it for sure! I am gonna try it in my leisure time. Thanks!

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You are correct, it is solely for synchronising lookup files. I'm the author of the app BTW.

0 Karma

jagadeeshm
Contributor

@LukeMurphey, How easy is it to enhance it to export data to google drive ?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@jagadeeshm: I'm not sure, it depends on what you are looking to do.

To clarify, what kind of data did you want to export? May I assume you mean event data (Splunk events)? If so, then you can do this now by export the results as a table into a lookup file and then having that lookup exported.

That would only work for datasets that are not super large though. I'm considering adding the ability to output results to Google Drive in CSV format. Perhaps that would fit what you want more.

0 Karma

jagadeeshm
Contributor

Yes, essentially we are trying to add the feature as an alert action which will save the scheduled report to a google drive. Of course, CSV format definitely works!

Do you have a timeframe by when it may be ready?

Thanks for quick response again!

0 Karma

jagadeeshm
Contributor

Hi Luke - Have you had a chance to make any progress on this add-on? Thanks!

0 Karma

jagadeeshm
Contributor

Hi Luke, I finally started playing with the add-on and I get can't it to work, after searching through google and spending enough time ...

I see the following in splunk logs -

2018-06-26 17:43:59,532 WARNING Unable to access the spreadsheet, make sure the service account has been granted access to this file; spreadsheet_title=splunk_report, help_url=http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-google-docs/wiki/How_to_setup_app

I created the service account and use the keys to set-up the app in Splunk. I am not sure I understand what needs to be done to grant access to the file? Since I am exporting the file to drive, is the app expecting the file already exist on the drive?

Please advice. Thanks!

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Well, I will try this out on my system and let you know.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...