All Apps and Add-ons

Does the latest version of Splunk App for Salesforce no longer require Splunk Cloud?

nychawk
Communicator

Aside from requiring for test driving purposes, I am not reading it is required otherwise.

Will the latest version now work with on prem Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

we just opened it up for download to onprem customers through splunkbase as of last week.

View solution in original post

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

we just opened it up for download to onprem customers through splunkbase as of last week.

nychawk
Communicator

Great news, thank you Elias!

Just in time for my own deployment. I am running on a SHC across multi site idx's, anything to look out for?

0 Karma

nychawk
Communicator

Elias;

The online documentation still refers to Splunk Cloud, step 2. I assume I can safely ignore this step for on-prem Splunk?

Thank you.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

updated the doc but yeah you can ignore.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention

0 Karma

nychawk
Communicator

I was unable to install on my search head cluster, installed instead on a heavy forwarder; I do not anticipate issues, do you?

Also, I need to configure access to SF via a proxy, I recall somewhere, not sure if it was for this app, a how to for modifying the python scripts to traverse to SF via a proxy. Can you assist?

TY

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Should not. hasn't been tested on cluster.

0 Karma

nychawk
Communicator

I guess I will be testing for you 😉

Any suggestions for how to alter or setup use of a proxy for reaching SF?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sales Force App has always been available for on-prem Splunk Enterprise.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1931/

0 Karma

nychawk
Communicator

Nope, required Cloud...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...