All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Splunk Estreamer Encore App Support Connecting to Multiple FMC's?

peacher17
Explorer

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible or has actually done it?

Reading 2 different documents I am getting conflicting information (from the Estreamer Encore Operations guide):-

Can I connect to more than one Firepower Managment Center(FMC)?
Currently not within a single instance. However, you can configure multiple instances as above

From the slides at conf2017
Multi-FMC Support
• Connect multiple FMCs to one instance
• Reduce complexity

0 Karma

peacher17
Explorer

Just to follow up on this post, I have now managed to configure multiple instances of the Encore Estreamer application but I cannot get them running together. Each version is in a separate application and the configuration updated with different FMC's, certificates and logging locations.

When I restart Splunk it only attempts to start a single instance of splencore.sh although you can start the second instance manually it doesn't stay running. Is there something that I am missing or do you need set up something separate to ensure that both instances run?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...