All Apps and Add-ons

Does the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure support multikv mode for perfmon inputs?

passbt
Explorer

I can't seem to find any information out there and I was just curious if anyone out there knows for sure before I mess up my configs.

0 Karma
1 Solution

passbt
Explorer

I've found at least one search in the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure that doesn't support Perfmon:Mk sourtypes, which is what you get when configuring perfmon inputs with the mode = mutlikv setting. For now, I've restored my perfmon inputs to use mode = single.

This is frustrating because I found not using multikv setting has increased my license usage by 5x.

View solution in original post

passbt
Explorer

I've found at least one search in the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure that doesn't support Perfmon:Mk sourtypes, which is what you get when configuring perfmon inputs with the mode = mutlikv setting. For now, I've restored my perfmon inputs to use mode = single.

This is frustrating because I found not using multikv setting has increased my license usage by 5x.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...