All Apps and Add-ons

Does Add-on for JIRA work with Splunk 6.3 and later?

sidekix24
Path Finder

We're trying to use the Add-on for JIRA and are not having any success. But when looking back on the link in splunkbase, the latest compatible version was 6.2. Was curious to see if our issue was because it's not compatible with the newer versions?

Thanks

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It works on 6.5.x also. What isnt working for you?

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

We're installed the add on and followed the instruction to modify the config.ini and jira.conf but when we try the search below we get no results.

| jirarest MODE OPTIONS

Are we just missing a step somewhere?

0 Karma

Flynt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, I sent a mail but as a followup- does curl work for you on the searchhead you are testing with?

curl -D- -u "user:password" -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://yourjiralocation/rest/api/2/search?jql=assignee=someassignee

substituting your own values of course. This will help to find out if it's just a connection issue to your jira instance.

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

Thanks...We'll try that and see what results we get.

Thanks again

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

We ran that curl command on one of our search heads and the Jira server return the expected data.

Thanks

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

Do you guys have some next steps where we can validate the conf and ini files? Some entries that we'd need to look for in the Splunkd logs or something?

Thanks

0 Karma

Flynt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can check the job inspector and look at the search.log. The output of the script should be there if there was an error.

I'd be happy to run through your config with you (fdeboer@splunk.com) if you would like.

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

Thanks Flynt,

We'll take a look at the job inspector and then maybe take you up on looking at our config early next week.

Thanks again

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

Hi Flynt,

We checked the job inspector and didn't see anything that stood out to help us resolve the issue.

I also sent you an email directly and I wanted to make sure you received it.

Thanks

0 Karma

kbecker
Communicator

The Jira add on also working after upgrading to 6.5.1. In the search.log I see this error

12-21-2016 06:52:52.475 WARN ScriptRunner - Killing script, probably timed out, grace=0sec, script="/data/search/splunk/bin/python /data/search/splunk/etc/apps/jira/bin/jira_rest.py jqlsearch project=itw"

If you look at the duration of the is its < 1 sec.

This search has completed and has returned 1 results by scanning 0 events in 0.13 seconds

0 Karma

kbecker
Communicator

Ignore my comment, this was a config issue. The jira admins changed the port we needed to update our configs.

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

What version of Splunk are you running? Standalone search head, or clustered? We're running it on v6.4.3 successfully.

0 Karma

sidekix24
Path Finder

We're trying to run it on a clustered environment Splunk Enterprise 6.4.

We're installed the add on and followed the instruction to modify the config.ini and jira.conf but when we try the search below we get no results.

| jirarest MODE OPTIONS

Are we just missing a step somewhere?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...