All Apps and Add-ons

Documentation for this TA?

jakewhittet
Explorer

Hi all, does anyone know if Sailpoint have produced any documentation for this TA? Ive had a look on Splunkbase but there isn't anything there. Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Good evening,

Documentation for this TA is available on SailPoint's community portal, Compass. A direct link has been added to the description of the TA on Splunkbase.,Good evening @jakewhittet

In-depth documentation for this TA is available on SailPoints community portal. The add-on description on Splunkbase has been edited with the link.

View solution in original post

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Good evening,

Documentation for this TA is available on SailPoint's community portal, Compass. A direct link has been added to the description of the TA on Splunkbase.,Good evening @jakewhittet

In-depth documentation for this TA is available on SailPoints community portal. The add-on description on Splunkbase has been edited with the link.

jakewhittet
Explorer

Thanks for that!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it’s approved you’re good to go.

In managed cloud you can log into your search head,
Go to app management and browse for more apps. Find the app you need and install from there.

In non-managed cloud you have to submit a ticket I believe.

0 Karma

jakewhittet
Explorer

Hey @jkat54 thanks for this. I think my situation is a little strange, hence the request for documentation.

Splunk Support installed the TA on one of my SH which appears to allow me to configure an input there fine. On my other SH they advised I should do a self install, which I did. However the page to configure data inputs was not loading correctly on this 2nd SH, and upon checking the internal logs I saw error messages for missing Python scripts related to the TA, which sounded like they may be related to data inputs. When I queried this with Splunk Support they advised that the Cloud Ops team had likely disabled the data input on the SH as data inputs are not allowed within Splunk Cloud. This is contradictory, and I know for a fact I have other TAs pulling data on a Splunk Cloud SH.

Anyway, this is essentially where my request for more documentation comes from as I was considering installing it on a HF instead, however this begs the question of whether the TA is really suitable for Splunk Cloud, and if data inputs are not allowed this should be documented somewhere.

Thanks for your help, I will reach back out to Splunk Support. If anyone reading this knows of any documentation for this TA, a link would be much appreciated.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If there isn’t a doc, can we still help you solve something? Or did you just need a doc regardless?

jakewhittet
Explorer

Ideally a doc would be good, however you may be able to help. I'm trying to figure out if I can use this TA to configure a data input on the SH in a Splunk Cloud instance. I've received conflicting information on whether data collection is allowed on Splunk Cloud infrastructure. I note that the TA has been approved for use on Splunk Cloud.

Thanks for any help you are able to offer @jkat54

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...