All Apps and Add-ons

Do you need a forwarding server for the add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services?

russmoore6

I have a Splunk instances in SplunkCloud. I setup the Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services and followed the instructions to a T. No information is flowing in. Does this add on need a forwarding server? All the information I'm finding sounds like one needs to be set up.

If this is the case, are there any plans for direct connection to Azure Cloud?

0 Karma

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/MSCloudServices/Install says that this add-on requires a heavy forwarder for data collection.

Connect that heavy forwarder to your Splunk Cloud environment by installing the Splunk Universal Forwarder Credentials package on it. Despite the name of the package, it is needed for forwarders of any type that need to send data to Splunk Cloud.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...