All Apps and Add-ons

Do apps built by add-on builder 3.0.1 safe from python 3 compatibility concerns?

cool_cat
Observer

Hi, 

Our app was built from Splunk add-on builder 3.0.1 which is supposed to support both python2 and python3. We use python3 in configure files and passed cloud vetting. 

My question is when Splunk formally drop python2 at this fall, would our app still safe and staying on Splunkbase? I did a scan with your Python upgrade readiness app but it flagged me failure. Even I deleted the aob_py2 folder add-on builder generated, still failed. 

Has Add-on builder itself passed this "python Upgrade Readiness App" test? What apps like us, built from add-on builder need to do to comply the python upgrade readiness requirement? Will Add-on builder release a new version after dropping python2 entirely and we need rebuild our apps upon the new builder version?

Please let me know, 

Thanks!

Lixin

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...