All Apps and Add-ons

Do I need to purchase licenses to use these apps and add-ons from Splunkbase in our production environment?

maximus_reborn
Path Finder

I want to use the following Splunk apps in the production environment.

1. Kafka messaging modular input
  2. AMQP messaging modular input
  3. Hadoop Connect
  4. Hunk App for Hbase
  5. Alert manager

Can anyone please let me know do I need to buy the licenses for each one of them? Will it not be covered in the Splunk Enterprise license which I will be buying in some days?

Swift reply would be much appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

None of those apps have any separate licensing, they are free. The Hunk App for Hbase requires Hunk, which is a separate license from Splunk Enterprise. The apps also might have impact on the amount of data you index in Splunk Enterprise, so you will want to account for that in your purchase.

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Your sales rep will have the correct information for your business and your location. Also, sales reps love to hear from customers. Make his or her day and call!

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To expand upon ChrisG's answer, Splunk's base license is based on the volume of data indexed on a per Day basis. In addition to this, there are add on Premium Apps which have an additional cost factor. These include ITSI, Enterprise Security, VMWare, Hunk etc. You would need to reach out to sales and discuss your use case and data source volumes for them to help correctly size a license and pricing model for you.

0 Karma

maximus_reborn
Path Finder

I understand your point. I have an understanding that Hunk & Hunk App for Hbase are two different thing. Hunk App for Hbase is free to use but Hunk has paid license. Please correct my understand.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is correct.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

None of those apps have any separate licensing, they are free. The Hunk App for Hbase requires Hunk, which is a separate license from Splunk Enterprise. The apps also might have impact on the amount of data you index in Splunk Enterprise, so you will want to account for that in your purchase.

maximus_reborn
Path Finder

Thanks for the reply.
Till now in my POC, I have used free version of Splunk (500mb limit).
Does it have Hunk installed in it as I used Hunk app for Hbase for Hbase data indexing?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...