All Apps and Add-ons

Did not receive a session key from splunkd. Please enable passAuth in inputs.conf (other answer didn't work)

macd0170

I have am error with ver 4.2.4 and ACI v.3.2(5d). I am not getting any data and splunkd.log if full of error messages that end with "Did not receive a session key from splunkd. Please enable passAuth in inputs.conf"

Even though this was working, because of the answer in 506764, I deleted the whole app and reinstalled it while selecting "disable SSL" in the config. Now my password.conf file is:

[credentials:host1,host2,host3:username,False:
password = hash

0 Karma

bharat097

hi @macd0170
try this if it helps.
in default/inputs.conf add/replace one kv pair under each stanza as passAuth = user_with_admin_role

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@macd0170 Do you have the password for the host ? update the password in password.conf file and restart splunk it will encrypt the password. Or if you want to do configuration using UI then comment this entire file and restart splunk , you will be able to configure add-on using UI.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...