All Apps and Add-ons

Detect Checkpoint FW action changes

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello,

I'm trying to detect action changes (src/dst/action switching from drop to accept). Checkpoint FW addon is installed.

I thought about this query but it's way too long :

index=xxx action=drop earliest=-7d@d latest=@d sourcetype=opsec | eval src_drop=src | eval dst_drop=dst| eval service_drop=service | dedup src,dst,service | table src,dst,service,action | join src,dst,service [search index=xxx sourcetype=opsec action=accept earliest=@d latest=now | eval src_acc=src | eval dst_acc=dst | eval service_acc=service | eval acc_time=strftime(_time,"%y/%m/%d %H:%M") | dedup src,dst,service | table src,dst,service,action] | where src_drop=src_acc AND dst_drop=dst_acc AND service_drop=service_acc | table src,dst,service,action

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

rgreenwell
Engager

How about a query from the audit log?

index=xxx product=SmartDashboard sourcetype=opsec_audit Operation="Modify Object"

splunkreal
Motivator

Yes I thought about it but it won't give me src/dst/service table but thanks anyway.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

rgreenwell
Engager

How about something from the audit log? index=xxx product=SmartDashboard sourcetype=opsec_audit Operation="Modify Object"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...