All Apps and Add-ons

Deployment Server permission server/apps in multi team environment.

danan5
Path Finder

Hi all,

The problem I am trying to solve is we have multiple teams leveraging Splunk in a large environment. There are multiple teams who can be pushing out apps/config via deployment server to the various fleets of UF.

Is it possible to apply user groups/permissions to the Deployment Server such that I can control which users/groups can manage certain groupings of apps and their distribution from a single Deployment Server?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

No. I don't think this is possible .
Splunk has given serverclass.conf for it . we can easily segregate the apps / configs from hosts.
Would be better if splunk centralize team only uses deployment server. else you will mess up one day.

View solution in original post

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

No. I don't think this is possible .
Splunk has given serverclass.conf for it . we can easily segregate the apps / configs from hosts.
Would be better if splunk centralize team only uses deployment server. else you will mess up one day.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...