All Apps and Add-ons

Deployment Server permission server/apps in multi team environment.

danan5
Path Finder

Hi all,

The problem I am trying to solve is we have multiple teams leveraging Splunk in a large environment. There are multiple teams who can be pushing out apps/config via deployment server to the various fleets of UF.

Is it possible to apply user groups/permissions to the Deployment Server such that I can control which users/groups can manage certain groupings of apps and their distribution from a single Deployment Server?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

No. I don't think this is possible .
Splunk has given serverclass.conf for it . we can easily segregate the apps / configs from hosts.
Would be better if splunk centralize team only uses deployment server. else you will mess up one day.

View solution in original post

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

No. I don't think this is possible .
Splunk has given serverclass.conf for it . we can easily segregate the apps / configs from hosts.
Would be better if splunk centralize team only uses deployment server. else you will mess up one day.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...