All Apps and Add-ons

Deployment Server Automatically updating APP from splunk/etc/apps/

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Hi

We are using the Deployment server installed on the search head to push an APP (Lets say TEST) to the Nodes - this works.

[serverClass:Indexer]
whitelist.0 = *
[serverClass:Indexer:app:TEST]

restartSplunkWeb = 0
restartSplunkd = 0
stateOnClient = enabled

The issues i have is i am developing on the search head so i also have splunk/etc/apps/TEST - So when i am doing any changes (To datamodels mostly) I want the Deployment server to get them dynamically and put them on the nodes, is that possible?

Otherwise i will have to set up a manual copy from
splunk/etc/apps/TEST to splunk/etc/deployment-apps/TEST

Regards
Robert Lynch

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi robertlynch2020,
Did you explored the choise to use a Search Head Cluster to deploy apps from a SH to another?

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Hi

I am trying to understand. We need to get the APP to the nodes not another SH, so how would this help?

In fact, how do people develop in production. Or do they develop in a dev site and then upgrade to production.

Regards
Robert

0 Karma

ololdach
Builder

You might want to insert a symbolic link: ln -s /opt/splunk/etc/apps/yourappdir /opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps/ and run splunk reload deploy-server regularly from a cron schedule in order to publish any changes

0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

HI

Thanks, this might work for us cheers.

Rob

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

If you use "Config Explorer", you can copy on GUI. A restart is required if the settings are changed.
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4353/

0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Hi

Sorry i dont understand. I need something that will copy over file automatically if they are saved.

Can you explain you solutions please.

I have 5 developers and they can all be updated the TEST app on the SH, i would like this information to get pushed out dynamically.

Rob

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

I think there is no choice but to synchronize with rsync and execute Copy command regularly in the shell. A reload process is also necessary.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...