All Apps and Add-ons

Dell Sonicwall Analytics: How to modify the sonicwall_firewalls.csv file, and is there a version of the app to configure with Splunk 6.3?

skender27
Contributor

Hi,

I installed the app and followed all the instructions to configure it with the IPFix (put settings also from the only one firewall server), but still is not working (I get no events from the index=sonicwall).
I am really interested in this app, but specifically I do not understand what to insert in the sonicwall_firewalls.csv instead of the host IP of the firewall server?
I mean; where do I tell the app to pull data from the firewall IP adress?
Could you help me resolve this? (I use Splunk 6.2 installed in Windows and I opened also the necessary ports UDP)

Thanks,
Skender

0 Karma
1 Solution

skender27
Contributor

As far as I understand the things to set are:
ipfix collector go to index=sonicwall and syslog (from port udp 514) go to sonicwall_syslog index.
Below you see the inputs.conf and index.conf

Following the procedure of the app, set port 2055 for sourcetype=dell_ipfix and index=sonicwall

[sonicwall]
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\colddb
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\db
maxTotalDataSizeMB = 50000
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\thaweddb

[sonicwall_syslog]
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\colddb
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\db
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\thaweddb

For syslog receiving in Splunk: index=sonicwall_syslog, UDP port 514 (added as the Input Network port)

[udp://514]
connection_host = ip
index = sonicwall_syslog
sourcetype = syslog

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skender27
Contributor

As far as I understand the things to set are:
ipfix collector go to index=sonicwall and syslog (from port udp 514) go to sonicwall_syslog index.
Below you see the inputs.conf and index.conf

Following the procedure of the app, set port 2055 for sourcetype=dell_ipfix and index=sonicwall

[sonicwall]
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\colddb
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\db
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall\thaweddb

[sonicwall_syslog]
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\colddb
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\db
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB\sonicwall_syslog\thaweddb

For syslog receiving in Splunk: index=sonicwall_syslog, UDP port 514 (added as the Input Network port)

[udp://514]
connection_host = ip
index = sonicwall_syslog
sourcetype = syslog
0 Karma

skender27
Contributor

When I run the search firewall to generate the sonicwall hostnames (I changed also the second occurrence of the name in the .csv file) I get results only from my own local machine...
It seeems that Splunk is not receiving data from the sonicwall server! How can I check this?

Skender

0 Karma

skender27
Contributor
host,"firewall_hostname"
"localhost:2055","localhost:2055"
"1.2.3.4","from_sonicwall_server"

After I edited the .csv file, I re-executed the search and now I get the result as you see,
where localhost:2055 is my local machine and the (sample) server 1.2.3.4 is where Sonicwall is running...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...