All Apps and Add-ons

Dbconnect issues with Oracle

robertlynch2020
Motivator

Hi

I am new to DB connect 3.3.1. I have it working for Sybase, but can't get it going for oracle.

I am trying to connect to Oracle DB 18c.

I have installed the drivers from oracle, but I am getting the following errors.

This is the configuration I was trying to use (below), however, I am getting an error in the logs saying 

"There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID cda8c0139c1f536e)." I have looked in the logs and I can see the following. not sure if related?

07-02-2020 11:20:40.681 +0200 WARN AuthorizationManager - Unknown role 'dbx_user'

[OCBC_PRTC]
connection_type = oracle
customizedJdbcUrl = jdbc:oracle:thin:@//dell1048srv@murex.com:1521/OCBC_PERFORMANCE_31_MX
database = OCBC_PERFORMANCE_31_MX
disabled = 0
host = DELL1048SRV
identity = OCBC_PERFORMANCE_31_MX
jdbcUseSSL = false
localTimezoneConversionEnabled = false
port = 1521
readonly = true
timezone = Europe/Paris  

Any help would be great thanks

2020-07-02 10_46_38-Configuration _ Splunk 8.0.3.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

robertlynch2020
Motivator

So in the end it was something simple - we could not ping the DB server, however, I wish the message would have been better to help us to debug.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

So in the end it was something simple - we could not ping the DB server, however, I wish the message would have been better to help us to debug.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...