All Apps and Add-ons

Data not appear in summary page and search

aamirmajeedkhan

Hi,
I recently signed up for free Enterprise license for evaluation .
Yesterday I configured one of database table as a source which contain around 74,000 rows and fairly small table 4 to 5 rows. I dedicated a new index for that source. Now on indexes page I can see following information on that index
Event Count : 245,311 , Current Size MB : 28 , Earliest event : Jan 1, 2011 12:00:00 AM , Latest Event : Aug 14, 2013 4:39:41 PM

Though I can't see anything on summary page it's keep displaying
" Waiting for data..." also it returns 0 record for all sort of queries I checked by narrowing down time ranges and * in search criteria as well .

Please assist if I can see any logs which confirm data is already feeded or if something wrong etc.
Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

christian_l
Path Finder

Hi,

are you using the admin user to have a look onto the summary page? If not so there are index-capabilities for each user regarding on his role. The summary page just shows the information from indexes which are searched by default. This can be adapted at Manager » Access controls » Roles » Edit your role » Indexes searched by default.

Regards,
Christian

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...