All Apps and Add-ons

Data input for Browsing History analysis app

dolj
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello,

I am new to Splunk and am trying to get the browsing histroy analysis app running on splunk eterprise (demo) that is capturing local logs as well as logs from a UF. I am stummped as I do not know what data input to use and there is not very much documentaion. That I have be able to find. Any help getting the data input setup would bre greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Karma

dolj
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I Installed 6.5.10 and configured all windows event logs locally and see events coming in but nothing in the borwser index and nothing in the dashboar even after a restart.

0 Karma

tauliang
Communicator

If you install the app on the search head and restart Splunk of a supported version, it should ingest the local data and show dashboards visualizing the data right away (see attached). Even though it says it only supports Splunk Versions: 6.5, 6.4, 6.3, 6.2, 6.1, 6.0, 5.0, you can get it running on 7.0 as well.

If you have a heavy forwarder, it is easy, just install the app and forward it to the right index, browser in this case. However, to get data in from a remote machine with UF is another ball game, as this app uses Python, you will have to install your own Python interpreter on the UF and tinker around to make it work.

screenshot

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...