All Apps and Add-ons

Data-Onboarding from more than 1000 Oracle Databases - What is your experience?

jbrocks
Communicator

I am looking for your experience of onboarding more than 1000 databases in Splunk, because this is, what my customer wants to do. As I know there are three ways of onboarding Databases: 1. DBConnect, 2. via Forwarder, 3. Syslog. Due to data policies, my customer is not able to log data from databases, so DB Connect would be the only choice. Did anyone ever onboarded over 1000 oracle databases (with DB Connect)? What is your experience?

Thanks!

0 Karma

cdec
Observer

Hi, how did you proceed on this?
This year we will try to monitor 2000+ Oracle databases, and we are looking for people that can share their experience in this.

Thx !

0 Karma

jbrocks
Communicator

Hi cdec,

I do not have a fully solution to this. Our customer set up multiple Heavy Forwarder for DB Connect. Do manage the inputs and collections for myself, i wrote a Python Script to automate the creation of db_connections.conf and db_inputs.conf from a csv file, but that is just a little help. You can find it here: https://github.com/jbrocks/splunk-db-connect-inputs-and-collections . Further more I am also looking for experience from others. My customer actually tries to onboard as less DBs via DB Connect as possible. Where possible we try to collect the data via syslog, but this is still a long internal discussion.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...