All Apps and Add-ons

Data Onboarding - Exchange 2016 SMTP authentication logs- How can I monitor our SMTP server?

corti77
Communicator

Hi,

we would like to monitor authentication attempts in our SMTP server (Exchange 2016) but I could not find a way to do so.

We already have IT Essentials with the Exchange Content Pack but SMTP does not seem to be covered.

Then I took a look into the "Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Exchange" which contains the TA-Exchange-HubTransport which monitors the following path but I checked those logs on my server and they did not contain any authentication event.

[installation drive] :\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\MessageTracking

Have anyone managed to find those events and ingest them in Splunk somehow?

Our final goal is to find public IPs trying to brute force our SMTP server.

Thanks a lot.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...