All Apps and Add-ons

Dashobard charts

rapidmobstar

Hi,

Sorry noob with splunk and I have a problem, not sure where to start but looking for some hints or tips.

Problem: I am extracting CDR (Call Detail Records) from my VoIP system into splunk. I have a field in the extraction called id_dialed_num that contains the dial string the station dialled. I'm looking to chart this field into a pie chart under three categories;

1. mobile any number starting with 07
  2. Local any number stating with 0, then [1-6]?[8-9]
  3. International any number starting with international dial codes.

Any ideas where to start?
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hello Rapidmobstar,

You can easily do that using an eval/ case expression.

Your search should look something like that:

*your search* | eval Type= "International Number" | eval Type=case(match(PHONENUMBER,"^07*"),"Mobile Number",
match(PHONENUMBER,"^0[1-6]|[8-9]*"),"Local Number") | stats count by Type

Adding this eval to your search will first set the field "Type" to international for all your numbers. Then in case the number starts with 07 will change the Type to Mobile Number. And in case it is a local number it will set the type to local (Local number is starts with 0 then something [1-6] or [8-9] )

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hello Rapidmobstar,

You can easily do that using an eval/ case expression.

Your search should look something like that:

*your search* | eval Type= "International Number" | eval Type=case(match(PHONENUMBER,"^07*"),"Mobile Number",
match(PHONENUMBER,"^0[1-6]|[8-9]*"),"Local Number") | stats count by Type

Adding this eval to your search will first set the field "Type" to international for all your numbers. Then in case the number starts with 07 will change the Type to Mobile Number. And in case it is a local number it will set the type to local (Local number is starts with 0 then something [1-6] or [8-9] )

Regards,

David

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...