All Apps and Add-ons

Dashboards App Beta 0.3.2 not working - Windows Server 2012 R2

holtk1

Downloaded, and ran a standard app install, which appeared to work fine but on trying to access the app from the app drop down I received a blank screen

Checked splunk.log and noted that an error indicating

.\bin\save_image_and_icon_on_install.py. Script must be located inside $SPUNK_HOME\bin\scripts

Removed app..... restarted splunk etc. Copied the script from the install zip to the above location..... reinstalled app.... this time the script kicked in okay....but still I get a blank screen on trying to access the apps home page.....

I have checked all permissions etc and all look fine.

Any help much appreciated

0 Karma

holtk1

Additional information. Installed the app to another splunk deployment albeit Windows 10 not server 2012, it all works fine. So, it looks like my problem is local.....any ideas?

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @holtk1 , can you please email dashboards-beta@splunk.com reporting this issue? Our team will respond with more questions to help diagnose the issue. Thanks.

0 Karma

holtk1

Additional information. Installed the app to another splunk deployment, it all works fine. So, it looks like my problem is local.....any ideas?

0 Karma

holtk1

A little additional information. I installed the app on to another splunk deployment.... it works just fine. So, it looks as though I have a “local” problem.... any ideas?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...