All Apps and Add-ons

Why did search did not return any events?

mwestley
Loves-to-Learn

I'm working on a dashboard that is not returning any results but can find events upon clicking the "Open in Search" link.  Why is it not showing results on the dashboard view?Screenshot 2021-03-19 094615.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share your dashboard source code in a code block </>

0 Karma

ajones
Explorer
<form theme="dark">
  <label>[REDACTED]</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="time" token="timerange" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Time Range</label>
      <default>
        <earliest>-2w@w</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </default>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <title>[REDACTED]</title>
      <event>
        <search>
          <query>| inputlookup [REDACTED].csv | bucket _time span=1week | addinfo | eval WeekA=strftime(info_min_time, "%V") | eval WeekB=strftime(info_max_time, "%V") | where [REDACTED] == [REDACTED] AND refwoy &gt;= WeekA AND refwoy &lt; WeekB | eval f_time=strftime(refdate, "%Y-%m-%d") | xyseries [REDACTED] f_time count | foreach * [| eval total=if(isnull(total),0,total) | eval total=total+1| eval DIFF=if(total=1, -1* '&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;', DIFF + '&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;')] | eval temp=split(DIFF,"http") | eval Difference=mvindex(temp,0) | fields - total, temp, DIFF</query>
          <earliest>$timerange.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$timerange.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
      </event>
    </panel>
    <panel>
      <event>
        <search>
          <query>| inputlookup [REDACTED].csv | bucket _time span=1week | addinfo | eval WeekA=strftime(info_min_time, "%V") | eval WeekB=strftime(info_max_time, "%V") | where [REDACTED] == [REDACTED] AND refwoy &gt;= WeekA AND refwoy &lt; WeekB | eval f_time=strftime(refdate, "%Y-%m-%d") | xyseries [REDACTED] f_time count | foreach * [| eval total=if(isnull(total),0,total) | eval total=total+1| eval DIFF=if(total=1, -1* '&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;', DIFF + '&lt;&lt;FIELD&gt;&gt;')] | eval temp=split(DIFF,"http") | eval Difference=mvindex(temp,0) | fields - total, temp, DIFF</query>
          <earliest>$timerange.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$timerange.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
      </event>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>
0 Karma

ajones
Explorer

@ITWhisperer 

I am very sorry and figured out what my issue was, the panel appeared to have switched to events instead of a statistics table! Thanks for reaching out to help!

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No worries @ajones - you were hijacking @mwestley post anyway. Glad you got your issue sorted out though.

0 Karma

ajones
Explorer

Has this problem been figured out yet? I am having the same issue now and am unable to figure out what is going on. Thank you!

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @mwestley ,

The search is returning results when your time range is selected as All time.  So Add a time range filter in the dashboard and check for the results.

0 Karma

mwestley
Loves-to-Learn

I was hopeful trying your suggestion but after adding the time range picker still am getting no results.  😞  I am curious though on the Search results page where it shows statistics of 64 but events is zero.  Why is that?Screenshot 2021-03-22 102818.jpg

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @mwestley ,

can you select the time range as the Previous year and check for the result?

Vardhan_0-1616433518874.png

And also after creating a time range input did you applied the time range on the search?

Vardhan_0-1616433737471.png

Vardhan_1-1616433788874.png

0 Karma

mwestley
Loves-to-Learn

mwestley_0-1616427476768.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...