All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Dashboard is blank in v 2.0.0 on Splunk Enterprise V7.3

Hi,

I have installed the latest version v2.0.0 on Splunk v7.3. However all dashboards are blank.
Data is indexed and can be serach from /app/splunkappjenkins/search page.

Base on that, I fallback the app to v1.0.9 (ie. the previous available version).
Now all dashboards are display without issue.

I suspect there aresome issue when loading the web resource, because i can see 500 INTERNAL ERROR on some js file, such as commons~audittrail~buildanalysis~configuration~custompanel~jenkinshealth~jenkinsnode~jobinsigh~cbb93852.js

However, due to my limited knowledge on web, im not able to further troubleshoot to locate where the exact problem is.

Appreciate if anyone can help as would be nice to take the latest version.

Currently i run my Splunk on Win10 Enterprise 64bit build 17134, for testing.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Dashboard is blank in v 2.0.0 on Splunk Enterprise V7.3

Esteemed Legend

One thing that often causes this kind of thing is when users edit the dashboards in the app. This makes a modified copy in the app's local directory that overrides the new version that comes down in the default directory of the new version. Try deleting the app (or renaming it) and installing from scratch and it will probably work fine.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Hi, Thanks for suggestion.

One thing i did try before is to uninstall and reinstall. (I didnt check if anything left over).

The purpose i install Splunk originally was just to try out the Jenkins App. But it does not work as per described above in the first place.

Everything is installed at default location. (C/Program Files/Splunk)

Is there anyway to troubleshoot or adjust the log verbosity to know why some js resource cannot be accessed?

I probably will give a try at my own computer at home as im not sure if the custom windows build in company may cause any issue....

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you for reporting this issue to us! We just uploaded a 2.0.1 version. Please upgrade it and let us know if the issue is gone.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Esteemed Legend

@nickw_daiwa Come back and Accept this answer if it worked!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Hi @woodcock,
Thanks for quick update, I had a try on latest but it does not help so far.

I did upgrade from 1.0.9 to 2.0.1 and restarted splunk server. Not working, blank as before.

Then i uninstalled the entire Splunk, reinstall Splunk, and install latest Jenkins app 2.0.1. Also not quite working.

Error log from web_service.log:

2019-07-08 09:48:48,486 INFO [5d22a10075145ae7ba160] error:323 - GET /en-US/static/@5AC167FAD34082830C96A77EC5F656C5014A4FA397BE433537596CA18EF83D15:2/app/splunkappjenkins/pages/commons~audittrail~buildanalysis~configuration~custompanel~jenkinshealth~jenkinsnode~jobinsigh~cbb93852.js 127.0.0.1 8065
2019-07-08 09:48:48,486 INFO [5d22a10075145ae7ba160] error:324 - 500 Internal Server Error The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
2019-07-08 09:48:48,486 ERROR [5d22a10075145ae7ba160] error:325 - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cprequest.py", line 603, in respond
self.hooks.run('beforehandler')
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cprequest.py", line 98, in run
hook()
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cprequest.py", line 58, in _
call__
return self.callback(
self.kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cptools.py", line 158, in _wrapper
if self.callable(
kwargs):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\customstaticdir.py", line 47, in customstaticdir
filename = resolver(section, branch, dir)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\root.py", line 197, in static
resolver
return staticappresolver(section, branch, staticappdir)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\root.py", line 183, in staticappresolver
i18ncache = i18n.translatejs(fn)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\i18n.py", line 868, in translatejs
f = file(tmp
file, 'wb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\appserver\i18n\commons~audittrail~buildanalysis~configuration~custompanel~jenkinshealth~jenkinsnode~jobinsigh~cbb93852.js-52b3cad4ac8f7c72fdbb33bbc30c1e2ef810cea2-en_US.cache.4f87dc38-8f24-457f-89db-a5f6bf695aee.cache'

Additional info:
- My server does not have Python installed (but i guess the python lib come with Splunk installation should do the job? which is 2.7, under Splunk/Python-2.7)

• I installed Splunk under local system account (instead of domain account)

• Both Alert and Search page is accessible. No complains. Rest of pages are not accessible, complains on same error message attached above.

• If I go into Build Analysis page,

• I can see buildanalysis.js being loaded into Splunk\var\run\splunk\appserver\i18n as buildanalysis.js-58fdc61d2d51af65ea632484af73e5f2e423cf12-en_US.cache

• But error (listed above) on /app/splunkappjenkins/pages/commons~audittrail~buildanalysis~configuration~custompanel~jenkinshealth~jenkinsnode~jobinsigh~cbb93852.js

• In Splunk\etc\apps\splunkappjenkins\appserver\static\pages, commons~audittrail~buildanalysis~configuration~custompanel~jenkinshealth~jenkinsnode~jobinsigh~cbb93852.js exists

• When loading other pages, the corresponding .js files (eg. overview.js, testanalysis.js, etc from splunkapp_jenkins\appserver\static\pages can loaded in Splunk\var\run\splunk\appserver\i18n too. Just not the js with "~" in-between.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

Hi,
Did you solve the issue?
Because I have the same problem 🙂

Recently installed:
- Splunk version: 7.3.0
- Jenkins Plugin version: 2.0.1

Thanks!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We've reproduced the issue and are doing more testing right now. Sorry for the delay!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Thanks a lot! Look forward to it.
I will be curious on why was it happening 😉

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using Splunk on Windows OS?

0 Karma