All Apps and Add-ons

Dashboard is blank in v 2.0.0 on Splunk Enterprise V7.3

nickw_daiwa

Hi,

I have installed the latest version v2.0.0 on Splunk v7.3. However all dashboards are blank.
Data is indexed and can be serach from /app/splunk_app_jenkins/search page.

Base on that, I fallback the app to v1.0.9 (ie. the previous available version).
Now all dashboards are display without issue.

I suspect there aresome issue when loading the web resource, because i can see 500 INTERNAL ERROR on some js file, such as commons~audit_trail~build_analysis~configuration~custom_panel~jenkins_health~jenkins_node~job_insigh~cbb93852.js

However, due to my limited knowledge on web, im not able to further troubleshoot to locate where the exact problem is.

Appreciate if anyone can help as would be nice to take the latest version.

Currently i run my Splunk on Win10 Enterprise 64bit build 17134, for testing.

0 Karma
1 Solution

cyang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you try the latest version please? We found the issue with Windows OS cannot generate some file when file name is too long. This issue is fixed in the latest version. Sorry that we haven't run sufficient test on all OS and version combination.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickw_daiwa

Thanks a lot! Look forward to it.
I will be curious on why was it happening 😉

0 Karma

cyang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using Splunk on Windows OS?

0 Karma

nickw_daiwa

Yes, Win10 Enterprise 1803

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

One thing that often causes this kind of thing is when users edit the dashboards in the app. This makes a modified copy in the app's local directory that overrides the new version that comes down in the default directory of the new version. Try deleting the app (or renaming it) and installing from scratch and it will probably work fine.

0 Karma

nickw_daiwa

Hi, Thanks for suggestion.

One thing i did try before is to uninstall and reinstall. (I didnt check if anything left over).

The purpose i install Splunk originally was just to try out the Jenkins App. But it does not work as per described above in the first place.

Everything is installed at default location. (C/Program Files/Splunk)

Is there anyway to troubleshoot or adjust the log verbosity to know why some js resource cannot be accessed?

I probably will give a try at my own computer at home as im not sure if the custom windows build in company may cause any issue....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...