All Apps and Add-ons

Dashboard Custom Decorations using rangemap with mulitple queries

_jimmybrown
Explorer

I am creating a dashboard in which I want to use the Custom Decorations css file from the Dashboards Examples app. While I understand the basic context of what is happening from the examples app; I would like to use decorations based upon a couple of queries being true and not just one.

My dashboard is the parent dashboard to other dashboards containing more details. I would like to have the main dashboard display one of the custom decorations based upon multiple search criteria from the child dashboards. Essentially, wanting the main dashboard to show urgent issues.

How would I go about using SPL and the css file to say if the results from search 1 are in this range and if the results from search 2 are in this range then they equal a severe decoration?

Thanks.

Jimmy Brown (new to Splunk)

0 Karma
1 Solution

_jimmybrown
Explorer

The way I resolved the issue was use an eval case statement and then using rangemap based upon the results of the case statement.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

_jimmybrown
Explorer

The way I resolved the issue was use an eval case statement and then using rangemap based upon the results of the case statement.

0 Karma

_jimmybrown
Explorer

After much perseverance I was able to solve my own issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...