All Apps and Add-ons

DGA App for Splunk: 4. Operationalize Machine Learning dashboard load error

criticalstartms
Explorer

I install and configured the DGA App. All components installed and configured correctly, but on test the 4. Operationalize Machine Learning>SupportVectorMachine gives the error: Error in 'apply' command: Failed to load model "dga_SVM": Model does not exist.
I checked /opt/splunk/etc/apps/dga_analysis/lookups/__mlspl_dga_svm.csv exists and it does, with permissions Global (Write: Admin Read: Everyone)
Splunkd.log has this error:
03-13-2018 15:24:11.830 +0000 ERROR ChunkedExternProcessor - stderr: Failed to load model "dga_SVM":
03-13-2018 15:24:11.830 +0000 ERROR ChunkedExternProcessor - stderr: RuntimeError: Failed to load model "dga_SVM":
03-13-2018 15:24:11.830 +0000 ERROR ChunkedExternProcessor - Error in 'apply' command: Failed to load model "dga_SVM":
03-13-2018 15:24:12.032 +0000 ERROR ChunkedExternProcessor - stderr: RuntimeError: Failed to load model "dga_SVM": AuthenticationFailed, [HTTP 401] Client is not authenticated.
03-13-2018 15:24:12.032 +0000 ERROR ChunkedExternProcessor - stderr: Failed to load model "dga_SVM": AuthenticationFailed, [HTTP 401] Client is not authenticated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

pdrieger_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi criticalstartmssp, please try replacing „dga_SVM“ by „dga_svm“ in the dashboard drop down as token value. The spelling is case sensitive, that’s why the model is not found. What version of DGA App do you use? Let me know if that works and I will put it on next release fixes. Thanks, Philipp

View solution in original post

aparna499154

Hi,

I could see dga_domains kvstore with class and subclass as input for the app.
How the class and subclass are being predicted . Please clarify . I am struck over there.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

pdrieger_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi criticalstartmssp, please try replacing „dga_SVM“ by „dga_svm“ in the dashboard drop down as token value. The spelling is case sensitive, that’s why the model is not found. What version of DGA App do you use? Let me know if that works and I will put it on next release fixes. Thanks, Philipp

criticalstartms
Explorer

DGA version 2.4 Thanks for the update... of all the things I thought of case sensitivity was not one of them.

Thanks Philipp!

0 Karma

aparna499154

Hi,

I could see dga_domains kvstore with class and subclass as input for the app.
How the class and subclass are being predicted . Please clarify . I am struck over there.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

bateden
Engager

Worked 😉
Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...