All Apps and Add-ons

DBX will not load after update to 3.1.3. Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings. /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Proofpoint-TAP...

jpondrom_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When running Splunk 7.1.2 and splunk_app_db_connect 3.1.3 and TA-Proofpoint-TAP 1.3.117 it keeps DBX from loading. With the below error.

Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/bin/rest_handler.py", line 79, in print splunk.rest.dispatch(**params) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 149, in dispatch module = __import('splunk.rest.external.%s' % parts[0], None, None, parts[0]) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxproxy.py", line 7, in from dbx_settings import Settings File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxsettings.py", line 10, in import splunklib.client as client File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Proofpoint-TAP/bin/splunklib/_init.py", line 18, in from splunklib.six.moves import map ImportError: No module named six.moves

0 Karma

jpondrom_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is caused by a compatibility issue between TA-Proofpoint-TAP 1.3.117 and DBX 3.1.3.
To work around the error, and resolve the issue please downgrade the TA-Proofpoint-TAP to version 1.0.1

0 Karma

jypyking
Explorer

Hi there, just in case this can help. I had the exact same issue and wanted to stay on both versions mentioned above.
My workaround was to copy the splunklib folder from /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_instrumentation/bin/splunk_instrumentation/splunklib to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/splunklib

Works perfectly now.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...