All Apps and Add-ons

DBConnect 1 on Splunk 6.5.3

bnewcomb79
Explorer

On a client site and they're running dbconnect 1 on 6.1 ... I know it's unsupported, but will dbconnect 1 still function on 6.5.3? We're planning on upgrading the core infra to 6.5.3 and then moving to dbconnect 3. Should dbconnect be upgraded in advance?

0 Karma
1 Solution

corey_dick
Path Finder

We're currently running DB Connect 1 on Enterprise 6.5.3. Just so you know we are seeing incredibly very different query times between DB Connect 1 and 3. For example, a SQL query ran through dbquery from DB Connect 1 will return in 9 to 12 seconds; however, when the same SQL query is ran through dbxquery from DB Connect 3 it takes 300 to 700 seconds to complete. I'm not sure why exactly but on some comments in this (https://answers.splunk.com/answers/243910/splunk-db-connect-2-is-there-a-known-search-perfor.html) I'm guessing that the health logging built into DB Connect 2 and 3 is the culprit. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

corey_dick
Path Finder

We're currently running DB Connect 1 on Enterprise 6.5.3. Just so you know we are seeing incredibly very different query times between DB Connect 1 and 3. For example, a SQL query ran through dbquery from DB Connect 1 will return in 9 to 12 seconds; however, when the same SQL query is ran through dbxquery from DB Connect 3 it takes 300 to 700 seconds to complete. I'm not sure why exactly but on some comments in this (https://answers.splunk.com/answers/243910/splunk-db-connect-2-is-there-a-known-search-perfor.html) I'm guessing that the health logging built into DB Connect 2 and 3 is the culprit. Hope that helps.

0 Karma

bnewcomb79
Explorer

I would have killed to have this answer last week! Still very helpful! Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...