All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect v2.05, Splunk v6.3, error running database Queries in the GUI

Tarek1977
Path Finder

Hello*,

after updating Splunk to version 6.3 and DB Connect App to 2.05 I always get following error in my DB connections, when I run the test queries in the GUI: (see screenshot) alt text

Before the update it works well. I did not findy any hints in the splunkd.log or DBX2.log. The config file exists, all connections entries are vaild, my scheduled operations, which using these connections, working still fine, no errors. It's a bit strange. Database type is ORACLE.

Any ideas? Maybe a bug?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tarek

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Tarek1977
Path Finder

Hi all,

new DB Connect App v2.06 released. Bug is fixed. It works again!

Fixed issues
Publication date Defect number Description
2015-10-13 DBX-2212 An issue was fixed where an error would be generated when using the dbxquery command in a distributed environment with Splunk Enterprise 6.3.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Tarek1977
Path Finder

Hi all,

new DB Connect App v2.06 released. Bug is fixed. It works again!

Fixed issues
Publication date Defect number Description
2015-10-13 DBX-2212 An issue was fixed where an error would be generated when using the dbxquery command in a distributed environment with Splunk Enterprise 6.3.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...