All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect Crashing on Splunk Trial Verison

sakaanil

Installed DB connect pluging, when i try to use  the plugin it tried to open up but in the background the splunk app is cracshing.

i1) i tried resinstalling previous version 3.6  its same issue

2) re installed slunk ( same issue) 

looks like no work around ? is it because i am using trial version ?   please help.

A

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bensonthomasusa
Observer

I am also experiencing the same issue on Mac Env. I installed Splunk 8.2.4 and it was working fine. I also installed the Splunk DB Connect 3.7.0. Then I restarted the Splunk Enterprise and I am able to view the Splunk DB Connect Add-on.

When I click the Splunk DB Connect Add-on link on the left hand menu, I see that the SPlunk Enterprise version is crashing with a blank page. The Splunk DB Connect dashboard is not getting displayed There is also a crash report at the /Splunk logs page. The Splunk logs report is not indicating much information.

0 Karma

bensonthomasusa
Observer

Again I restarted my machine and I am getting a new Error message while clicking the Splunk DB Connect Add-on link. I am seeing a message indicating "Can not communicate with task server, check your settings".

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I wouldn't think so. Trial or not only changes what features within splunk are active. Technicaly it's the same binary.

What do you mean by "app crashes". Show us some logs.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Could you also told which db you are using and are you using dbinput, dbxquery or anything else. Also in which is you are running it, Java version and authentication toward db.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...