All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect 2 | cannot assign a manually created sourcetype with the index where the data are indexed from external database using DB Connect 2

zqmirza

DB Connect 2 | cannot assign a manually created sourcetype with the index where the data are indexed from external database using DB Connect 2

I have created an index (abcd) taking a dump from a table and assigned a sourcetype (yyyy). Now I installed DB Connect 2 then configured the same database to be indexed in a different index (abcd_db2). when the data are synced I don't get understandable column titles as they are taking the raw database titles. If somehow I could assign the sourcetype (yyyy) with this new index (abcd_db2) I think I would be happy. OR if there is any other solution? OR I have to rename the columns in the query?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've found it easiest to rename the columns in the query.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...