All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect 2: Why am I getting error "Current license does not allow the requested action in modular input mi_input://ARM_Monitoring." on my heavy-forwarder?

ArsenyKapralov
Path Finder

Hi!

I've installed Splunk DB Connect 2 app on my newly deployed heavy forwarder. I set up all required settings for connection: new identity, new connection, and new input. When I'm trying to execute input I have following error in dbx2.log:

[INFO] [mi_base.py] Caught exception [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action in modular input mi_input://ARM_Monitoring. Retrying 4 of 6.

Can you please help me to identify why this happens? License group set to "Forwarder license"

0 Karma
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DBX-1741 is fixed in 2.0.2 which is out now.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DBX-1741 is fixed in 2.0.2 which is out now.

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is a bug, DBX-1741 -- it's on the list to be addressed soon.

mmezei

I have the same issue. Please fix... TY!

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

When will this be addressed? I have the same and my DB input won't work (because of this?)
I run this in a free version on a local machine.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm afraid your issue is a different one, it isn't tested and probably won't work on a free version

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

But all I want to do is test drive splunk and db connect 2.
I have a simple query that I want to use to fill an index and then do some searches on that data.
Are you saying I can't do this in the free version?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I would actually expect it to work in the time-bombed initial download, but not work in the completely free version when role based access control is turned off.

0 Karma

mmezei

Why the need to restrict this in the free version? There are smaller companies that use and of course appreciate the free version. I guess we help Splunk as well with finding bugs, early adoption of new versions etc.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Because the identities system relies on user accounts, groups, and permissions.

0 Karma

mmezei

I am also running free version and I am getting a similar error. I was under the impression that most apps would work under the free version. Is that not the case?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is the case, but this is one add-on which doesn't work in that situation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...