All Apps and Add-ons

Create Oracle Connection: Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the main URL sections.

beukesmar

On save of the connection a strange MySQL related error is shown although I am creating an Oracle connection. This worked fine in the previous version of db connect.

Version 3.1.4, must be related to pi

Tags (1)
0 Karma

goelli
Communicator

I had the same problem in Splunk 7.3.4.2 and DB-Connect 3.2.0
I tried to made a new Oracle-DB-Connection and got mySQL error message. When I removed mySQL driver from DB-Connect I got the correct error message from Oracle jdbc driver.
As suggested by earlhelms it seems to be a bug in the mySQL jdbc driver, so I updated this driver from version 8.0.11 to 8.0.19 and this seems to solve the issue.

0 Karma

earlhelms
Path Finder

This appears to be related - https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=87600

Bug #87600 Connector throws 'Malformed database URL' on non mysql connection-urls

Incidentally, only one of may many Oracle databases is having this issue and it only started following an Oracle upgrade.

earlhelms
Path Finder

I'm having the same issue and it only started after an Oracle database upgrade. An existing working database input started displaying this message and stopped working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...