All Apps and Add-ons

Create New Informix Database Type

natejacobs
Engager

I keep getting an error while trying to validate my custom Informix database connection in Splunk. I have the ifxjdbc.jar in /apps/dbx/bin/lib/. I know I must be making an initial connection because I can see the database names when I click the "Fetch database names" button.

This is the error message:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'dbx-databases': Error validating database: java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.

Here is the configuration from database_types.conf.

[informix]
displayName = Informix
jdbcDriverClass = com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver
defaultPort = 1533
connectionUrlFormat = jdbc:informix-sqli://{0}:{1}/{2}:informixserver=SERVERNAME
testQuery = SELECT 1 FROM MY_TABLE_NAME WHERE id='1'
defaultCatalogName = DATABASE NAME

Update: Add DB errors

2013-01-26 02:27:05.356 dbx7320:ERROR:Database - Database validation failed for database Database{name='XXXXXX', databaseType=GenericDatabaseType{name='informix'}, host='XXXXX', port=XXXXX, username='XXXXX', database='XXXXX'}: java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.
java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.
at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:413)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:3550)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.E(IfxSqli.java:3871)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.dispatchMsg(IfxSqli.java:2662)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2578)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executeStatementQuery(IfxSqli.java:1699)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executeStatementQuery(IfxSqli.java:1672)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.a(IfxResultSet.java:209)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxStatement.executeQueryImpl(IfxStatement.java:1230)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxStatement.executeQuery(IfxStatement.java:220)
at com.splunk.dbx.sql.Database.validateConnection(Database.java:405)
at com.splunk.dbx.sql.factory.PooledConnectionFactory.validateObject(PooledConnectionFactory.java:129)
at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:1230)
at com.splunk.dbx.sql.factory.PooledConnectionFactory.getConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:70)
at com.splunk.dbx.sql.Database.getConnection(Database.java:431)
at com.splunk.dbx.sql.Database.execute(Database.java:158)
at com.splunk.dbx.command.DatabaseQueryCommand.executeCommand(DatabaseQueryCommand.java:63)
at com.splunk.runtime.SplunkCommand.invoke(SplunkCommand.java:237)
at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:92)
at com.splunk.bridge.session.BridgeSession.call(BridgeSession.java:30)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException
at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:413)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.E(IfxSqli.java:3876)
... 22 more

2013-01-26 02:27:05.357 dbx7320:ERROR:DatabaseQueryCommand - Error while executing command: Error getting database connection: Could not create a validated object, cause: ValidateObject failed

0 Karma
1 Solution

natejacobs
Engager

I have solved the problem. I had an outdated .jar file. I updated to the newest version from IBM's client SDK and I am now able to connect successfully.

View solution in original post

natejacobs
Engager

I have solved the problem. I had an outdated .jar file. I updated to the newest version from IBM's client SDK and I am now able to connect successfully.

Jason
Motivator

We found the ifxjdbc.jar driver file you mentioned inside the massive 17-19M download file at \setup.jar\Disk1\InstData\Resource1.zip\$JDBC_REL_PRODUCT_DIR$\lib_zg_ia_sf.jar\ifxjdbc.jar - will test to see if it works

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

You should see related errors in the debug log. You can find them by executing the saved search "Recent DB Connect errors" in the DB Connect app. Could you please post them here?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...