All Apps and Add-ons

Cost and Usage Reports in App for AWS

klaughman
Engager

Hi,

Is the Billing input required in addition to the Cost and Usage Input to see the billing details for AWS accounts? If I just setup the Cost and Usage input, I can see the sourcetype for aws:billing:cur for the 2 accounts I have discovered in the App for AWS UI, however when executing the default reports in the Search and Reporting UI, I am only getting the details of one of the accounts. That account that I get the details for just happens to be the same account that I went ahead and setup both CUR and Legacy Billing inputs on.

All documentation points to dashboards and reports that rely on the aws:billing sourcetype so I'm trying to figure out if I need both configured or what I should expect to see with just the Cost and Usage input configured.

Thanks for any insight.

-Keith

msilence_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Billing (Cost and Usage Report) is the preferred input type due to AWS planning on retiring the Detailed Billing Reports. - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awsaccountbilling/latest/aboutv2/DetailedBillingReport.html

However, the Billing reports and dashboards in the AWS App still only make use of data from the Billing (Legacy) inputs at this time, so you will want to configure those as well to populate that data for now.

jbuckner85
Path Finder

Are there any plans on updating the app to create new visualizations using the Cost and Usage Report?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...