All Apps and Add-ons

Connecting Tableau with Splunk

nikhil108
Observer

Hi team,

I am trying to connect Tableau with Splunk via Splunk ODBC. On the community forum, it is mentioned at several places that Splunk ODBC is not compatible with Splunk version 7.x onwards.

But I can also see that a latest Splunk ODBC driver (version 3.0.1) has been released recently and it is mentioned that it is compatible with Splunk version 7.3 and higher as below:-

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1606/

My Splunk enterprise version is 7.2.9.1 and the tableau version is 2019.1.7. Is this new Splunk ODBC compatible with my version of Splunk (7.2.9.1)? If not then what is the alternative for this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Your splunk version is quite soon out of support, so best option is update it to version which support also ODBC driver.
R. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...