All Apps and Add-ons

Configure Splunk theme

ricardov2311

Hello, I would like to splunk that style black I saw in some pictures out there.
Ocean Theme I saw there, as I can install this? If you look from the App search from the same splunk, not found, and when I download the file is a. "Spl" and configure this?
I would appreciate your support.

regards

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ricardov2311

Thanks Drainy.
I understand then that to apply the theme ocean to the application "search" would have to move the file to the path ocean.spl: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/appserver/
or am I wrong?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Every Splunk "app" has its own defined "theme" or style, this is based on images, CSS and JS located in the appserver/static directory.
For example, if you had an app called cisco_searches you could copy those details to (on Linux, assuming default install);

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/cisco_searches/appserver/static

Once you've done that, give Splunk a quick bounce and your cisco_searches app should have a new look (you may need to do a bump or a CTRL+F5 to clear your cache if it still looks the same).

If you want to change all apps to look the same then you will start editing things that you should probably avoid editing, just keep it to an app by app basis.

Some doc detail that provides a more technical explanation if you're up to it 🙂
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/AdvancedDev/UseCSS

0 Karma

ricardov2311

By chance, someone managed to make this change?
Do not quite understand what you mean this: Simply move the contents of the "appserver> static" directory to the app you would like to change.

0 Karma

RohiniJindam
Path Finder

Rename ocean.spl to ocean.tar.gz

Extract its content. In the extracted content, you should see a folder named ocean. Locate the static folder inside appserver

Replace the static folder in your app with this folder ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/appserver directory)

Oh and clear your cache after that if you're unable to see the theme change

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...