All Apps and Add-ons

Compuware GPN: Where do I get and how do I install spuds for RHel?

dwillsey

I'm trying to install the Compuware GPN add-on and the README says it requires spuds.

Where do I get and how do I install spuds for RHel?

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

Hello @dwillsey,

I am the author of the Compuware GPN add-on. Not sure what SPUDS is, but I think mean suds. You don't need to worry about suds as it is already included in the bin directory as an egg (suds-0.4-py2.6.egg). If you would like to update the version of SUDS simply create new suds egg and replace the old version. The details page in app.splunk.com is just the readme in the git repo. https://github.com/Nordstrom/compuware_apm_gpn

The egg is injected during runtime into the python run path using the the following code:

try:
    from suds.client import Client
    from suds import WebFault
except Exception:
    egg_dir = SPLUNK_HOME + "/etc/apps/compuware_apm_gpn/bin/"
    for filename in os.listdir(egg_dir):
        if filename.endswith(".egg"):
            sys.path.append(egg_dir + filename)
    from suds.client import Client
    from suds import WebFault

This probably more info that you need but I hope this helps. Cheers.

0 Karma

dwillsey

what browser should I be using? I am unable to post comments

0 Karma

dwillsey

When I add a comment and click Submit, most of the time nothing happens.

0 Karma

dwillsey

I'm testing now from my personal computer.

0 Karma

dwillsey

When I try to comment from work and click submit, I don't get any errors. Am I supposed to get pop ups from the moderator?

0 Karma

dwillsey

This works much better from home 🙂

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @dwillsey - You should be seeing a banner up top that says your post is being moderated. But I will report this since we've been dealing with a bug related to this. Thanks for your feedback! 🙂

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Answers site and its features should be accessible on all major browsers.

But I am unclear by what you mean, since you just posted a comment. Can you clarify?

Or are you referring to the comment ("Do I need to do something to set up the environment...") you tried to post above numerous times? Being a moderator, I was able to see that you tried to post that same comment numerous times within an hour because you may have thought it did not go through. If that was the case, were you not able to see a message/banner saying that your comment is awaiting approval from a moderator?

Or did you see that your comment went through, but upon refresh of the page, your comment disappeared; thus causing you to try to repost your comment numerous times?

0 Karma

dwillsey

Yes , I am not able to see a message/banner saying that your comment is awaiting approval from a moderator.
I don't get any feedback from the browser when i click submit.

0 Karma

dwillsey

You are correct, suds.

[netuitive@lrptncb00009d02 bin]$ python2
Python 2.7.8 (default, Aug  4 2016, 09:29:33)
[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-9)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from suds.client import Client
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in 
ImportError: No module named suds.client
>>> from suds import WebFault
  File "", line 1, in 
ImportError: No module named suds
>>>
0 Karma

dwillsey

Do I need to do something to set up the environment?

[netuitive@lrptncb00009d02 bin]$ /appdata/splunk/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python /appdata/splunk/compuware_apm_gpn/bin
/appdata/splunk/splunk/bin/python: can't find '__main__' module in '/appdata/splunk/compuware_apm_gpn/bin'
[netuitive@lrptncb00009d02 bin]$ /appdata/splunk/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python /appdata/splunk/compuware_apm_gpn/bin/compuware-gpn.py
  File "/appdata/splunk/compuware_apm_gpn/bin/compuware-gpn.py", line 13, in 
    from gpn import export
  File "/appdata/splunk/compuware_apm_gpn/bin/gpn.py", line 26, in 
    for filename in os.listdir(egg_dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/appdata/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/compuware_apm_gpn/bin/'
[netuitive@lrptncb00009d02 bin]$
0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @dwillsey - Just so you know, your comments likely got caught in our site's spam filter (likely due to a combination of punctuation and repeated words in your comment). You should have gotten a message about it needing approval from a moderator prior to being posted.

If you did (A) not receive such a message or (B) saw that your comment went through successfully but upon refresh, the comment disappeared; please let me know as we are tracking a bug related to this issue.

Also, I've wrapped your log message in a sample code, just to make it easier to read. Thanks.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

you can not run the modular input this way. This need to be ran using splunk's internal python. $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/compuware_apm_gpn/bin.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...