All Apps and Add-ons

Comparing Multiple Years of Max Values

israelgutierrez
Path Finder

Hi

I have a dataset with Time, by Day-Month-Year and a Integer value per day, something like this

_time mxo
30-01-2010 6
30-01-2011 8
30-01-2012 3
30-01-2013 5
30-01-2014 9

I want to make some timechart comparing by month over the years, like comparing 2 or more years of maximum number

My first approach was using Timewrap with something like this

host="smo*" earliest=-12m@y latest=-1m@m |timechart span=1Month max(mxo) | timewrap y

But seems out of range or something wrong
External search command 'timewrap' returned error code 255. Script output = "ERROR "'timeunit' argument required, such as d, w, 2m, q, y" "

Maybe someone have a better and working solution,

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I tried similar thing and the timewrap is somehow not accepting "y" as an option. Though "timewrap 12mon" works. Try following

host="smo*" earliest=-3y@y latest=+y@y  |timechart span=1mon max(mxo) | timewrap 12month

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I tried similar thing and the timewrap is somehow not accepting "y" as an option. Though "timewrap 12mon" works. Try following

host="smo*" earliest=-3y@y latest=+y@y  |timechart span=1mon max(mxo) | timewrap 12month

israelgutierrez
Path Finder

Thank you thats work

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note, -12m moves you back twelve minutes, not twelve months... you're probably looking for -12mon.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...