All Apps and Add-ons

Clustered Single Value Map Not Rendering

chaninphx
Path Finder

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. When I run my search, it shows up with results, I have checked the documentation for the visualization add-on, and I made sure that all of my values in my .csv file are valid latitude and longitude values. Unfortunately, I still get an error saying "Error rendering Clustered Single Value Map Visualization visualization". Here is my search:

| inputlookup Facility_Data.csv | search Abbreviation=* | table latitude, longitude

0 Karma
1 Solution

chaninphx
Path Finder

Yeah of course. I'm new to Splunk so I'm still learning more stuff with the answers site. I just went to the manage apps tab, clicked on edit properties, and changed visible to yes. I can't remember if I changed permissions or not, but I remember once the app was visible, for some reason it started to work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

chaninphx
Path Finder

Yeah of course. I'm new to Splunk so I'm still learning more stuff with the answers site. I just went to the manage apps tab, clicked on edit properties, and changed visible to yes. I can't remember if I changed permissions or not, but I remember once the app was visible, for some reason it started to work.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@chaninphx - moved to "answer". Did it work without the other fields, just with latitude and longitude? If so, then I need to update my answer.

0 Karma

chaninphx
Path Finder

Yes, it worked with just latitude and longitude.

0 Karma

chaninphx
Path Finder

@DalJeanis I can't convert my comment to an answer is there any other way I can post my last comment as an answer?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure how many of the parameters are needed, but you're missing a few. The full list looks something like...

| table latitude longitude description title icon markerColor d_name

The shortest example I've seen had at least description and title.

Try this ...

| inputlookup Facility_Data.csv | search Abbreviation=* | eval description="foo" | eval title="bar"| table latitude, longitude description title
0 Karma

chaninphx
Path Finder

When I made the app visible, for some reason it started working. Maybe I changed another setting too, but it was able to run after that for some reason. Thank you for your answer!

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@chaninphx - Great! For reference for other people who might research this in the future, please create an answer that explains what you mean by "make the app visible", then accept your answer so that the question will show as closed.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...