All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Security Suite - cannot configure

pil321
Communicator

I've just installed Cisco Security Suite (v 3.1.2) on Splunk (v 7.0.1).

When I launch the app, it takes me to the 'App configuration' screen. I click on the 'Continue to app setup page' button and I get this:

500 Internal Server Error

View more information about your request (request ID = 5a54fe1e947fcd584de350) in Search

When I click on the 'View.....' link above, the search has no results.

Any ideas?

mwisniewski9
Explorer

Hello,

I had the exact same issue today on splunk 7.0.1. I did increase the search time as others have recommended but what finally solved it seems to be is just skipping the setup configuration page. I'm only monitoring Cisco ASA and IOS devices

I followed the instructions in this thread. and set my etc/apps/Splunk_CiscoSecuriySuite/local/app.conf for is_configured = true
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/12702/splunk-cisco-security-suite.html

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mwisniewski9

This question was posted a little over a month ago, it would be best to post a brand new question to get maximum exposure and help for your problem. If the answers here weren't able to solve your problem, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Karma

mwisniewski9
Explorer

I am trying to submit my response as an answer to their problem. What would be the best way to do that. I had the same issue.

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi mwisniewski9

Thank you for answering! I just converted your comment into an answer.

0 Karma

mwisniewski9
Explorer

Thanks! I appreciate it 🙂

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

pil321
Communicator

Thanks for your reply p_gurav.

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Could you please check app permission in app manager?

0 Karma

pil321
Communicator

Everyone has read permissions. Admin has write permissions.

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

ohh!! Because in app document they said:

Known Issues

- Package name still has "Splunk_" prefix. This is required if keeping same Splunkbase path yet this app is no longer Splunk supported
- splunkdConnectionTimeout may still need to be set artificially high on some systems for the setup experience

Could you also check in index=_internal logs to find root cause..

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Also can you tell me what value you set for Timeout? Did You restart splunk service after that?

0 Karma

pil321
Communicator

Timeout is 300. Splunk service was restarted.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...