All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Networks App - Access Points Not Showing

blyons_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have switches, WLC and APs sending syslog to rsyslog.

Splunk is monitoring the folders and ingesting data properly (sourcetype for all 3: cisco:ios).

The IOS devices and the WLC are showing up in the overview, but not the APs.

Also, none of the detail dashboards have any info. Any idea what I might be missing?

0 Karma

SergeyMk

Hello, I don't have any logs seen in Cisco Network. But in simple search engine I see them. Where is a problem?

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Hi,

Make sure whatever index you are storing your data in is searchable by default. That should sort the issue with no data in the panels.

The app tries to determine if the event is from an IOS, WLC or AP based on the fields it finds. For standalone APs this is based on the ap_mac field. A number of factors may make it hard for the app to determine this correctly as the events are basically the same format regardless of IOS, AP or WLC.

Please post a few raw events and I'll try to spot the issue.

0 Karma

blyons_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just verified that the indexes are/were searchable by default.

None of the APs are standalone, though. They are all managed through the WLC.

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Ok, as far as I remember the AP section only works for standalone APs. Please post a few raw events and I'll check it.

0 Karma

blyons_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

UPDATE:

WAPs are showing up in the IOS section. How does the app determine which is which??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...