All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Firepower App for Splunk : "no results found"

joeri_fierens

Hi all,
- Splunk Enterprise Version: 8.0.0 Build: 1357bef0a7f6
-Cisco Firepower App for Splunk version 1.3.7
-Cisco eStreamer eNcore for Splunk version 3.6.5

We've successfully setup estreamer between Splunk and our FMC, when I search in the Splunk events for sourcetype="cisco:estreamer:data", I see thousands of recent events (last 24 hours = 260416 events)

However, when I go to the Cisco firepower app for Splunk, all dashboards display "No results found".
I went over the documentation a few times, but as far as I can see, we did everything correctly.

Does anyone have an idea why the app doesn't seem to see/process the estreamer events?

Best regards,
Joeri

0 Karma

chris_barrett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The app defines a macro called FMC-index which, by default, refers to the main and estreamer indexes. If your events are not in either of those indexes then you'll need to change the macro's definition to refer to the correct index.

0 Karma

joeri_fierens

Hi Alex, it's a stand alone ubuntu server (test environment), so I guess it is not the same issue as you've experienced.
Joeri

0 Karma

alexgwilkinson
Explorer

Hi Joeri,

Is this a Splunk cluster ? Or stand alone ?

Within a clustered environment I have found I needed the TA on both the index nodes AND search head nodes.

-Alex

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...