All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco ESA Combine logs

mkarimi17
Path Finder

My ironport logs are not getting parsed incorrectly into the Email data model. The logs all come individually and as seperate events for each MID. I installed the add-on and that created some of the needed CIM and fields, including internal_message_id. The search

index=email sourcetype="cisco:esa:textmail" | transaction internal_message_id 

Give me the email as one unit. When I run:

| tstats values(All_Email.src_user) values(All_Email.action) values(All_Email.recipient) values(All_Email.src) FROM datamodel=Email WHERE sourcetype="cisco:esa:textmail" BY All_Email.subject

I get the subject, however the other fields are "unknown".

I created a Transaction Dataset to combine the fields on internal_message_id but that didn't fix anything.

mikaelbje
Motivator

If you download my companion add-on it will take care of this for you and collect the fields into a separate summary index every hour.

See https://github.com/inspired/TA-cisco-esa-extras

You will still need the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ESA

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...