All Apps and Add-ons

Choropleth maps of splunk results by zip codes and custom regions?

frednagarjuna
Engager

I would like to visualize splunk query results on choropleth maps.

Can the Google Maps Splunk App make choropleth maps?

I realize that the Google Maps Splunk App can geocode ip addresses to zip codes using MaxMind's geo-ip mapping.

Can the Google Maps Splunk App make maps using custom sales regions?

If these features do not exist, are there any alternative Splunk mapping apps or any plans in the future by Splunk developers to develop an app that visualizes Splunk queries as a choropleth map, and using custom sales regions?

Thanks!

1 Solution

mporath_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk 6.3 introduced Choropleth Maps as a new visualization type, and Geospatial Lookups as a new lookup type.
You can create your own geospatial lookup (e.g. based on custom sales regions or zip codes) by uploading a KMZ that contains the specific boundaries.

You can find more information on Choropleth Maps and Geospatial Indexes in the Splunk Docs for 6.3.

View solution in original post

mporath_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk 6.3 introduced Choropleth Maps as a new visualization type, and Geospatial Lookups as a new lookup type.
You can create your own geospatial lookup (e.g. based on custom sales regions or zip codes) by uploading a KMZ that contains the specific boundaries.

You can find more information on Choropleth Maps and Geospatial Indexes in the Splunk Docs for 6.3.

boris
Path Finder

Take a look at geoScore.

0 Karma

boris
Path Finder

This splunk app has been removed because we feel it is not ready for public consumption at the moment -- apologies.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...