All Apps and Add-ons

Changing the options available on manager

e82than
Communicator

I am not sure if anyone has attempted this, but i would like to ask how to change the options shown in manager.

E.G. I am trying to add a simple link which will link me to the "configure forwarding" page within "forwarding and receiving" section.

Is there any resources on how we can change the options on a search head and do the needful?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Sadly the manager page isn't just a html page somewhere, there is a mako template that is populated based on role information.
I'm currently playing with changing the options and will post something if I discover it. Your best option atm is to just write a bit of JS to use jQuery to add the link when you're on that page.

e82than
Communicator

Hi Drainey, Sorry for being thick here but how is it that Splunk can make webpages show without having any index.html. I"m not the best person to ask when it comes to web page creation and HTML. Would you give me some advice on this? Link me and i will read just like the Jquery you taught me. http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:How_jQuery_Works
I followed the demo it was powerful.

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You are not able to change the Manager options. Configuring forwarders from a UI is something that is on our roadmap but for now you'll need to rely on the deployment server or manually changing config files on your forwarders.

0 Karma

e82than
Communicator

Hi sdaniels, I'm not trying to configure forwarders from UI or using a deployment server. I'm trying to make a change to the manager page in splunk. Something like if you have a webpage, you edit the index.html. so i need to know how to do it on splunk's index.html. or if you can give me a hint on where that lies.

0 Karma

e82than
Communicator

Is there anyone who can help? Desparate here.

0 Karma

e82than
Communicator

Is there anyone out there? Splunk support guys please give me a hint!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...