All Apps and Add-ons

Changes to Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions Logon Functionality in version 4.0.0

Wilkins

I'm trying to figure out what has changed in the "Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions" add-on between version 3.3.0 and 4.0.0.

Previously I was able to configure the add-on to use a different trust store and add the required jar files to allow the connection via a REST connector to a server.

This allowed us to remotely monitor IBM WebSphere Liberty application servers.  Liberty currently only supports using a REST connection to remotely monitor.

The changes made in version 3.3.0 where  to add the restConnector.jar file to the bin/lib directory under the add-on install directory and update the java_const.py file to add the 

javax.net.ssl.trustStore
javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword
javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType

java parameters the JAVA_COMMON_ARGS.

Now with the same configuration changes in 4.0.0, I am receiving authentication errors connecting to the rest server exact same credentials as previous.  I'm primarily interested if something has changed in the jmxmodinput.jar

2020-06-29 14:53:55,172 - com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator -1219 [main] ERROR [] - Failed to make connection with JMX server. Reason- CWWKX0229E: There was a problem with the user credentials provided. The server responded with code 401 and message 'Unauthorized'
java.io.IOException: CWWKX0229E: There was a problem with the user credentials provided. The server responded with code 401 and message 'Unauthorized'
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.getBadCredentialsException(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:1771) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.loadJMXServerInfo(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:270) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.<init>(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:160) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.Connector.connect(Connector.java:373) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:270) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
	at com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator.connect(Unknown Source) ~[jmxmodinput.jar:?]
	at com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator.main(Unknown Source) [jmxmodinput.jar:?]

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Since that is a Splunk-supported app, you should file a case.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...