All Apps and Add-ons

Changes to Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions Logon Functionality in version 4.0.0

Wilkins

I'm trying to figure out what has changed in the "Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions" add-on between version 3.3.0 and 4.0.0.

Previously I was able to configure the add-on to use a different trust store and add the required jar files to allow the connection via a REST connector to a server.

This allowed us to remotely monitor IBM WebSphere Liberty application servers.  Liberty currently only supports using a REST connection to remotely monitor.

The changes made in version 3.3.0 where  to add the restConnector.jar file to the bin/lib directory under the add-on install directory and update the java_const.py file to add the 

javax.net.ssl.trustStore
javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword
javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType

java parameters the JAVA_COMMON_ARGS.

Now with the same configuration changes in 4.0.0, I am receiving authentication errors connecting to the rest server exact same credentials as previous.  I'm primarily interested if something has changed in the jmxmodinput.jar

2020-06-29 14:53:55,172 - com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator -1219 [main] ERROR [] - Failed to make connection with JMX server. Reason- CWWKX0229E: There was a problem with the user credentials provided. The server responded with code 401 and message 'Unauthorized'
java.io.IOException: CWWKX0229E: There was a problem with the user credentials provided. The server responded with code 401 and message 'Unauthorized'
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.getBadCredentialsException(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:1771) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.loadJMXServerInfo(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:270) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.RESTMBeanServerConnection.<init>(RESTMBeanServerConnection.java:160) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at com.ibm.ws.jmx.connector.client.rest.internal.Connector.connect(Connector.java:373) ~[restConnector.jar:?]
	at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:270) ~[?:1.8.0_232]
	at com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator.connect(Unknown Source) ~[jmxmodinput.jar:?]
	at com.splunk.jmx.ServerConfigValidator.main(Unknown Source) [jmxmodinput.jar:?]

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Since that is a Splunk-supported app, you should file a case.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...